1955 Gillott Time Trial
This Gillott was built by master framebuilder Ron Cooper in 1955 and was returned to Mr. Cooper for
renovation in 1963. At that time he added the race number bosses and the distinctive brazed on
Campagnolo pump holder. A Campagnolo Gran Sport rear derailleur is mounted, but due to the
oversized nature of the taper tubes, a front derailleur cannot be added without extensive modification
to the derailleur's clamp. The Brooks Swallow saddle, with it's distinctive cutaway flanks, was a
favorite saddle of British racers and is surprisingly comfortable. "Open C" Campagnolo single lever
shifter and quick release wheel levers identify the components as period correct.